How to connect your guitar and a Bluetooth enabled device

Questions about the Spark amp hardware
Forum rules
Keep it nice, keep it clean. This forum is not run by Positive Grid, so complaints about slow deliveries and the like will be removed as they're useless.
Richard
Site Admin
Netherlands

How to connect your guitar and a Bluetooth enabled device

Post by Richard »

Things you need:

1) Switch on the Spark
2) Connect your guitar like you would otherwise do (this can be done using wireless or cable)
3) Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your external device, and that nothing is connected to the Spark's AUX connector at the rear
4) Go the the Bluetooth settings
4) If the Spark doesn't show up in the Bluetooth connection settings, that usually means another device in the vicinity has already connected to the Spark, which is signified by the blue light on the rear no longer blinking (so make sure all other devices have their Bluetooth turned off, of that you let the Spark be 'forgotten' by them)
5) Connect to "SPARK 40 AUDIO"
6) Start the Spark app (if not installed yet, find it on Google Play or the AppStore and install it for free)
7) Click the big "Connect" button in the app to allow it to connect to the amp (if this doesn't immediately work, try it again once or twice until it does)
8) Click the musical note at the bottom to enter the "Smart Jam" screen
9) Choose any existing Pop/Rock/Funk/Blues track
10) Make sure the "Music Volume" knob is turned up at least half-way
11) If you don't hear any music from your device, reply to this message so that these instructions may be perfected

- "Output" only influences the guitar output volume
- "Music Volume" only influences the connected device volume
rbradley27
United States of America

Re: How to connect your guitar and a Bluetooth enabled device

Post by rbradley27 »

Trying to wrap my head around the distinction between Output volume and Master volume. I realize the Master actually changes the modeled amps volume, so I'm think the Output volume would be like a volume pedal at the end of the chain. Does that sound right?
UisgeDubh

Post by UisgeDubh »

I haven't received the amp yet but, reading about it, it would seem that the gain and master control the amp volume only (as on a valve, or solid state amp); the output controls everything. That's how I see it - but I have been known to be wrong before.
2Piedrasmore
United States of America

Post by 2Piedrasmore »

There is a "Music Volume" knob that controls the volume of the aux in - so that would be like a backing track, Spotify, .mp3, etc. Then there is an "output" knob that controls the volume of the guitar (actually, I guess that would be anything you plug into the 1/4" input). So you can adjust these two relative to each other. Perhaps the "Master" maintains the relationship between those two volumes and raises/lowers them together. Just a guess. I'm not where I can test that out. Also, btw, in my experience, the aux in does not come in as input to the Studio One mixing app on the computer via the USB cable. Only the 1/4" input passes through to Studio One. If someone knows otherwise, I would love to be enlightened.