Spark amp volume extremely touchy.

Topics about the forum...and plz introduce yourself!
Forum rules
Keep it nice, keep it clean. This forum is not run by Positive Grid, so complaints about slow deliveries and the like will be removed as they're useless.
Bobothewizard
United States of America

Spark amp volume extremely touchy.

Post by Bobothewizard »

I'm playing with some downloaded sounds but the volume on my amp is super touchy. It goes from almost cant hear it to blasting just barely touching the volume. Scares the crap out of me sometimes. Anyone else have this?
DanL1553
United States of America

Re: Spark amp volume extremely touchy.

Post by DanL1553 »

I’ve definitely experienced volume and noise problems with Presets downloaded from ToneCloud through the Spark App. Do you experience a similar problem with any of the on-board Presets on the Spark 40 Amp (far left knob with Clean, Acoustic, etc.)?

Part of the problem with User Presets found in ToneCloud is that everyone has a different home setup, with different volume, gain and level setting both in the guitar-to-amp cable chain, and individual Spark App virtual amp and pedal settings. Add headphone settings through the Spark 40 Headphone Jack, and the potential for listening through a Digital Analog Workstation on a PC or MacBook, and the difference between the Users experience and your results can be quite dramatic.

I keep my Spark 40 Output Volume at 25%. With that, I have had minimal problems with Positive Grid Presets from ToneCloud, and I’ve generally been able to ‘tame’ most User Presets by adjusting the Preset virtual Amp Gain and Volume. There have been a few that I couldn’t fix, and abandoned them as too frustrating to deal with.

Hope that helps some…
Dan Lawrence
Fullerton, CA 8-)
Bobothewizard
United States of America

Re: Spark amp volume extremely touchy.

Post by Bobothewizard »

Thank you very much for the quick response. I will give this a shot tonight as you are correct i do not have that problem with the included tones as least that i can remember but i will check tonight. Thanks again.