Microphone icon obscuring and preventing manipulation of preset controls

Questions about the Spark app (please specify whether on Android or iOS)
Forum rules
Keep it nice, keep it clean. This forum is not run by Positive Grid, so complaints about slow deliveries and the like will be removed as they're useless.
sporty007
Great Britain

Microphone icon obscuring and preventing manipulation of preset controls

Post by sporty007 »

So received my Spark 40 and have been enjoying the learning curve until I've encountered a problem which has me stuck fast! When I attempt to edit a preset in the app the microphone icon in generally covering the volume control of any amp so i can't change the volume. The microphone icon does not want to budge and even sliding the amp image slightly to the left doesn't help as the you cant adjust the rotary controls unless the amp image is in its correct place. I'm using Android 10 - if I disable the microphone permission in app settings the icon is still present on the app screen - any ideas?
S@muele
Italy

Re: Microphone icon obscuring and preventing manipulation of preset controls

Post by S@muele »

sporty007 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:11 am So received my Spark 40 and have been enjoying the learning curve until I've encountered a problem which has me stuck fast! When I attempt to edit a preset in the app the microphone icon in generally covering the volume control of any amp so i can't change the volume. The microphone icon does not want to budge and even sliding the amp image slightly to the left doesn't help as the you cant adjust the rotary controls unless the amp image is in its correct place. I'm using Android 10 - if I disable the microphone permission in app settings the icon is still present on the app screen - any ideas?
can you put a screen?
it's an anomaly since with android 10 I don't have this problem..
have you tried to rotate the screen in landscape?
sporty007
Great Britain

Post by sporty007 »

ok so where is your microphone icon? Positive Grid doesn't support landscape on Android - anyway here is a screenshot
sporty007
Great Britain

Post by sporty007 »

not loading attachment sorry
Jeffrey22
Canada

Post by Jeffrey22 »

sporty007 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:03 pm ok so where is your microphone icon? Positive Grid doesn't support landscape on Android - anyway here is a screenshot
FYI, my Spark App does indeed function in both portrait and landscape on my android. I am fairly certain this was addressed in an app upgrade quite some time ago. As well, the microphone icon is not in the way on my tablet. Recommend you do an upgrade from the play store.
S@muele
Italy

Post by S@muele »

sporty007 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:03 pm ok so where is your microphone icon? Positive Grid doesn't support landscape on Android - anyway here is a screenshot
In PG they added landscape mode a few updates ago and the microphone icon has never been in the way.
sporty007 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:06 pm not loading attachment sorry
upload the image to a hosting site and post the link
sporty007
Great Britain

Post by sporty007 »

definitely no landscape mode - my Sony phone (Android 10) is set for auto-rotate and only downloaded the app 2 days ago so it will be the latest version and only displays the app in portrait mode. Anyway i have found a solution by altering the 'Display size' in android screen settings that has moved the microphone icon slightly lower so now not covering the various amps volume knob - cheers! ps any idea how to stop phone text notification sounds coming out of the Spark when I'm playing?