Smart Button Request

Questions about the Spark app (please specify whether on Android or iOS)
Forum rules
Keep it nice, keep it clean. This forum is not run by Positive Grid, so complaints about slow deliveries and the like will be removed as they're useless.
Bluesguy
United States of America

Smart Button Request

Post by Bluesguy »

I submitted a request to PG Support to have added to the app say 4 smart buttons that you could assign to various functions and they would float on the screen so that you have access to them when using the backing tracks or Smart Jam. Mainly to use to quickly turn effects on or off or switch pre-sets. I find myself having to go back and forth between the amp and the player when using my Spark and it is not seamless. Having some quick access buttons at the bottom or side of the screen would be a great addition. For me I'd setup something like 1 - Clean preset, 2 -Crunch preset, 3 - OD pedal on/off, 4 - Mod pedal on/off.

What do you think and if you like send a message to support to get the votes up.
Richard
Site Admin
Netherlands

Re: Smart Button Request

Post by Richard »

If you drag a pedal up it will switch on, if you drag it down it will switch it off, did you know that? And it's not really 'drag', it's more like flicking your fingers up or down over it.
--
Spark40 #SO4OC1033322
XVive U2 Wireless System
Fender HSS Stratocaster
Heartfield DR-6
Chinese Gothic Explorer copy
Bluesguy
United States of America

Post by Bluesguy »

Richard wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:44 pm If you drag a pedal up it will switch on, if you drag it down it will switch it off, did you know that? And it's not really 'drag', it's more like flicking your fingers up or down over it.
Yes, but if I have the backing track/smart jam/spotify on the screen and I've been playing chords and now want to click on the OD for a solo I have to back out of the player and go to the amp and scroll across to get to the pedal and touch the button or scroll or whatever.

Having several buttons at the bottom of the screen, say either side of the 3 that are already there that you could just touch as if you were stomping on a pedal button would be great enhancement to the app.
Richard
Site Admin
Netherlands

Post by Richard »

Right, that’s a great idea. Thanks for the extra explanation.
--
Spark40 #SO4OC1033322
XVive U2 Wireless System
Fender HSS Stratocaster
Heartfield DR-6
Chinese Gothic Explorer copy