Suggestions for improvements to the Spark app

Questions about the Spark app (please specify whether on Android or iOS)
Forum rules
Keep it nice, keep it clean. This forum is not run by Positive Grid, so complaints about slow deliveries and the like will be removed as they're useless.
Richard
Site Admin
Netherlands

Suggestions for improvements to the Spark app

Post by Richard »

Please use this thread to suggest improvements or additions to the Spark. They will be periodically communicated to the folks at Positive Grid. It will probably help if more people than just me post it.

Here's the address for suggestions: https://help.positivegrid.com/hc/en-us/requests/new (in "I would like help or information with", choose "I have some great ideas" from the drop-down list)

Whenever a suggestion gets communicated to the folks at PG the separate posts below will be deleted. The last time this happened was 23 October 2021, with:

- facility to allow customer ratings for tones
- more than 8 bar playback in jam section (12 would be much more logical)
- a rotary speaker (Leslie cabinet) amp
- polyphonic down/up pitch shifter
- adding a Drive pedal inspired by the Boss HM-2
- the custom SmartJam should retain the chord progression that was used to create it
- some form of looper
- In App Tuner (so you can tune without looking at/accessing the amp)
- Adjusted back button functionality (so when playing a backing track or other activity it doesn't close the app)
- Maybe ask before exiting the app
- Support for Bluetooth/Midi controller
- More routing options (or just being able to reorder the pedals)
- Additional pedal/effect slots (e.g. run two OD's)
- A master volume also in the app would be good to balance the volume between the different amps or presets without leaving the comfortable sofa
- The clean amps should be louder
- A possibility for making backups of your own presets would be nice. At the moment you can only load them to the cloud and mark them as favourites to have them all secured in one place, but that shouldn't be the point of the cloud. There are already enough bad presets there. Due to the huge amount of presets available, you should only upload what you are convinced is really good
- some sort of quality control on the ToneCloud
- If you search the ToneCloud for two words, for example "gilmour david" it will not find any, despite there being quite a few tones with "david" and "gilmour" in the tags. This is surely a bug, which will hopefully be fixed (and doesn't sound like it's too complicated to fix, either)
- when the app saves a preset, it should check if there's already an identical preset (same devices, same settings) or if the preset already exists with the same name from a different user. Currently this is not the case
- Add Boss DS-1 inspired pedal
--
Spark40 #SO4OC1033322
XVive U2 Wireless System
Fender HSS Stratocaster
Heartfield DR-6
Chinese Gothic Explorer copy
guitaroholic
United States of America

Re: Suggestions for improvements to the Spark app

Post by guitaroholic »

My beef is with the AMP TYPE (F) Selection Knobs & AMP CONTROL (G) Knobs...

Some of the amp types on the amp itselfs (left knob) could sound much better than the default.
Ok, so I tweak the Control knobs (G) to my liking.
Yet, switching to another type, or back to the adjusted type ERASES any control knob settings and it just uses default settings REGARDLESS of where the control knobs sit.

You can watch this by looking at the app when physically selecting and adjusting on the amp.

I hope a future release saves at least the current settings, or even better different settings for each type.
Super-wishful thinking has me editing and saving these settings on the amp just like a Preset Switch (C). It already has the connection to the app. Why not allow them to edit/save?
guitaroholic
United States of America

Post by guitaroholic »

After finding/downloading a nice patch online or in the existing few on the app, I "Save to Hardware".
Now I keep tweaking the sound and "Overwrite" to save my changes.
--> This doesn't change the patch in the app library. This new patch in the preset is lost if something else is saved to the same hardware preset slot.
If I "Save New", which I'd have to do to avoid accidentally overwriting the patch in the preset, I now have two patches with he same name (unless you rename) in the app library. It doesn't overwrite the previous one.

In other devices, when you assign a patch to the preset, and you edit the patch, it changes the patch on the preset. Here it's a whole separate patch and not just a preset assignment that links to the desired patch.
Richard
Site Admin
Netherlands

Post by Richard »

Guitaroholic, could you reword both your requests in less words so they can be more easily communicated to the PG people?
--
Spark40 #SO4OC1033322
XVive U2 Wireless System
Fender HSS Stratocaster
Heartfield DR-6
Chinese Gothic Explorer copy