Changing the Preset Amps on the Control Panel

Questions about the Spark app (please specify whether on Android or iOS)
Forum rules
Keep it nice, keep it clean. This forum is not run by Positive Grid, so complaints about slow deliveries and the like will be removed as they're useless.
kaminskied
United States of America

Changing the Preset Amps on the Control Panel

Post by kaminskied »

I would like to modify the preset am choices for acoustic, bass, clean, classy, chrunch , Hi gain and Metal selectable from the front panel. Can you share the steps for making that change.

Second question. I would like to use the headset output jack as a line level input to a BOSS Catana Amplifier. Typically headset outputs have some amplification and are not line level. Is there an interface box that makes this connection at the correct voltage levels for a line in on the Boss.

Thanks

Ed
DanL1553
United States of America

Re: Changing the Preset Amps on the Control Panel

Post by DanL1553 »

You can’t directly save modifications to the on-board default Presets (left-most knob on Spark 40). You can save your changes within the Spark App to a new Preset Name, and then assign the new Preset to one of the four Preset LED Channels.

To use the headphone jack as a Line Out, you need a TRS-straight to 1/4" TS-straight summing left and right channels from single stereo output to mono input with resistors (1k ohm) cable. I found this article in the Spark Amp Lovers Knowledge Base useful:

https://sparkamplovers.com/kb/connectin ... equipment/
Dan Lawrence
Fullerton, CA 8-)