All hail me!

Post requests for particular tones/patches here
Forum rules
Keep it nice, keep it clean. This forum is not run by Positive Grid, so complaints about slow deliveries and the like will be removed as they're useless.
guinness
United States of America

All hail me!

Post by guinness »

My daughter and I are both new to all this and we found this board. We were looking for a tone that sounds like this veruca salt song! Any suggestions? There is nothing tagged for them in the cloud yet.
DanL1553
United States of America

Re: All hail me!

Post by DanL1553 »

I’d select the imbedded ‘Metal’ Preset in the Spark 40 (left-most knob), and ‘Save as New’ with your own name within the Spark App.

Now you can change settings and ‘Overwrite’ to save as you go. I limit ‘Save as New’ to pretty solid, usable sounds. The Spark App has no sorting functionality; so having a rememberable naming convention, and limiting the number of new Presets is critical in the long run.

I’d start with the Gain and Tone on the Preset Amp and Drive Pedal. I think metal tones use high mods, with low bass and treble; however I’m no expert!

You may also need to adjust the Noise Gate for any change in background hiss. I also find that a lot of the available Presets on the App and in ToneCloud have way too much reverb; however I seem to remember that the Metal Preset was pretty spot on for my limited needs.
Dan Lawrence
Fullerton, CA 8-)
guinness
United States of America

Re: All hail me!

Post by guinness »

Appreciate that! We been playing around with it!