update and new amps?

Topics about the forum...and plz introduce yourself!
Forum rules
Keep it nice, keep it clean. This forum is not run by Positive Grid, so complaints about slow deliveries and the like will be removed as they're useless.
Hero32
Germany

update and new amps?

Post by Hero32 »

Hello all! -
first time visitor! -
after updating my Spark 40 & app, I cannot recognize any change - nor new / additional amps nor new effects. - Any idea? - Firmware: 1.56.4.102 "Up to date!" - app downloaded again today ... ?! -
Thanks for any productive prop. -
KJ
Richard
Site Admin
Netherlands

Re: update and new amps?

Post by Richard »

Do you mean the imi Hendrix ones? I'm afraid you have to pay for them first :-(
--
Spark40 #SO4OC1033322
XVive U2 Wireless System
Fender HSS Stratocaster
Heartfield DR-6
Chinese Gothic Explorer copy
Hero32
Germany

Post by Hero32 »

Thanks Richard for coming back on me. - But no, I do not mean the Jimi Hendrix. As far as I understood there should be three new Amp-models and some new effects added after updating the SPARK 40 (pls. cmp. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_vt7j_x8e4). - So, with updating mine, I didn't get any new amps nor new effects. At least I didn't find them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thx. KJ
DanL1553
United States of America

Post by DanL1553 »

I bought my Spark 40 prior to the release of a firmware update just before the Hendrix update. It included several new amps and pedals. Depending on when you bought/received your amp, your update may have already included them. When I applied the first update, they were tagged as “new”. When I applied the Hendrix update the tags disappeared.

Unfortunately I don’t have anything listing what was added before the Hendrix update so you can see if they’re there. Richard has done a great job tracking the Positive Grid amps and pedals, and published a fantastic list cross referencing the PG name and the actual amp/pedal(s) they were based on. He may be able to provide a name or two for you to check.
Dan Lawrence
Fullerton, CA 8-)
S@muele
Italy

Post by S@muele »

DanL1553 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:18 pm I bought my Spark 40 prior to the release of a firmware update just before the Hendrix update. It included several new amps and pedals. Depending on when you bought/received your amp, your update may have already included them. When I applied the first update, they were tagged as “new”. When I applied the Hendrix update the tags disappeared.

Unfortunately I don’t have anything listing what was added before the Hendrix update so you can see if they’re there. Richard has done a great job tracking the Positive Grid amps and pedals, and published a fantastic list cross referencing the PG name and the actual amp/pedal(s) they were based on. He may be able to provide a name or two for you to check.
if it can help you..
DanL1553
United States of America

Post by DanL1553 »

Thanks! Forgot that was the update that added the Equalizer. If you have the Equalizer then you already have the other pre-Hendrix amps/pedals.
Dan Lawrence
Fullerton, CA 8-)
Hero32
Germany

Post by Hero32 »

The point is, that I have neither! -
Although updated! - And software is on status: 1.5.4.102 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
KJ
DanL1553
United States of America

Post by DanL1553 »

Are you using iOS or Android for the App? I’m using App Version 2.2.0.4249 on my iPad.
Dan Lawrence
Fullerton, CA 8-)