ToneCloud Uploads

About tone design, or about existing tones/patches from the ToneCloud
Forum rules
Keep it nice, keep it clean. This forum is not run by Positive Grid, so complaints about slow deliveries and the like will be removed as they're useless.
Jeffrey22
Canada

ToneCloud Uploads

Post by Jeffrey22 »

I am seeing tones with the same name and same author, some are in triplicate. Would each of these have to be unique from each other in some way in order to retain the same name?

There are two numbers in the download box. The top one seems to be the number of downloads. What does the number below it represent? On some there is a Zero, on some there is no lower number.

If I create a tone and share it, can I delete or edit it after sharing?
Richard
Site Admin
Netherlands

Re: ToneCloud Uploads

Post by Richard »

I downloaded a random preset from the ToneCloud and altered it a bit. I then shared it to the ToneCloud. Once it's there, I found no option to delete it. So I guess it cannot be deleted.
I tried to store the same preset under the same name. That didn't work. I altered it a bit and tried to save it under the same name. That didn't work. I changed some of the tags and then tried to save it once again, under the same name. That didn't work. I loaded the original preset again and tried to save it under the name I previously used to save the altered version. That didn't work. I tried to save the preset using a different name. That worked. I tried to save it under the same name as an existing present made by a different user. That worked.

This tells us: identical presets can be stored multiple times, with the same or different (or no) tags, as long as the name is different. And I also think each user has their own 'name pool' (like a Windows file system folder) in which presets are stored. In that pool, the name is the only things that needs to be be unique. But different users can have different presets stored under the same name.

Also...the ToneCloud has not necessarily improved because of my experiment :-(

You said you saw tones with the same name...but are they 100% identical *and* from the same user?

I don't know which numbers you mean? I only get numbers when I want to download, one next to a heart (the number of people that liked that sound) and one next to a download symbol (the number of times it was downloaded).
--
Spark40 #SO4OC1033322
XVive U2 Wireless System
Fender HSS Stratocaster
Heartfield DR-6
Chinese Gothic Explorer copy
Jeffrey22
Canada

Post by Jeffrey22 »

It would seem the 2nd set of numbers I am seeing on the downloads button is simply a continuation of the numbers in the download total. So where I see

it is really 10087 downloads. Probably a result of my device font size or magnification setting.
Jeffrey22
Canada

Post by Jeffrey22 »

Thanks for your experiment on the tone naming. Boy, this is going to get out of hand quickly unless PG tightens it up. As to the multiple same name tones, they were from different authors and sometimes the same author. I did not investigate the setting variations.
Richard
Site Admin
Netherlands

Post by Richard »

With "100% identical" I meant a 100% identical Preset name, not the actual settings of the various pedals/amps.
--
Spark40 #SO4OC1033322
XVive U2 Wireless System
Fender HSS Stratocaster
Heartfield DR-6
Richard
Site Admin
Netherlands

Post by Richard »

Someone mentioned the necessity of PG cleaning things up...but it's worse than you think. The Spark app, which has a different range of Amps and Pedals from some of their other software, uses the same ToneCloud as their other software. So you might sometimes find a Tone made for Bias Amp 2 that will sound completely different on the Spark...and the other way around.

And there is no quality assurance on the whole ToneCloud.
--
Spark40 #SO4OC1033322
XVive U2 Wireless System
Fender HSS Stratocaster
Heartfield DR-6