Swedish Death Metal sound

Post requests for particular tones/patches here
Forum rules
Keep it nice, keep it clean. This forum is not run by Positive Grid, so complaints about slow deliveries and the like will be removed as they're useless.
Richard
Site Admin
Netherlands

Swedish Death Metal sound

Post by Richard »

How about the Entombed death & roll sound from "Clandestine" (afterwards also mimicked by Dismember and Bloodbath)?

On the Ultimate Metal Forum I read about Bloodbath's "Nightmares Made Flesh": The sound was created using a BOSS HM-2 into a Marshall DSL50 50W head and a 4X12" Marshall cabinet. Jens miked it with a bunch of different mikes. SM57, Royer ribbon and AKG 414, might have been a MD421 there too, or a U87..don´t remember. he blended all those onto one track and tracked that.

And about Bloodbath's "Resurrection Through Carnage": I used a HM-2 into a Digitech GNX2 preamp. I used the Marshall-amp and Speakeremulation. Later on I used the Free Filter plug-in to "rip" the guitartone EQ from Left Hand Path (using the Intro from "Drowned") and applied that to my own "try". It turned out really broken and like a chainsaw ear fuck!!! Just the way I wanted it!!

It's basically explained in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-1vcuKcXeI (but the Boss HM-2 pedal is not among the ones we can choose :evil: )
--
Spark40 #SO4OC1033322
XVive U2 Wireless System
Fender HSS Stratocaster
Heartfield DR-6
Chinese Gothic Explorer copy
Richard
Site Admin
Netherlands

Re: Swedish Death Metal sound

Post by Richard »

I tried to make it myself, and it's quite cool and loud, but it doesn't sound the same. Check the cloud for Swedish death metal ;-)
--
Spark40 #SO4OC1033322
XVive U2 Wireless System
Fender HSS Stratocaster
Heartfield DR-6
Chinese Gothic Explorer copy