Al Dimeola Tone

Post requests for particular tones/patches here
Forum rules
Keep it nice, keep it clean. This forum is not run by Positive Grid, so complaints about slow deliveries and the like will be removed as they're useless.
Guitarman007
United States of America

Al Dimeola Tone

Post by Guitarman007 »

Hello All:

I have not seen any Al Dimeola style tones. I was looking for his sound from early in his sole career i.e. Dark Eye Tango. Any suggestions? Maybe the great Jurgen Conrad can help here? Thanks.
J.C.
Germany

Re: Al Dimeola Tone

Post by J.C. »

Sorry, I have to pass Al di Meola.
Jazz is unfortunately not my thing, but rock and blues.

I just listened to this song and I think I hear a bit of a similarity in tone in some places as in some of the Santana songs, but much brighter and more open and less dull and muddy. Start with the Santana preset for example and make changes still it fits.
For Santana, the "American High Gain" is always a good starting point. At Jamup it was always the Boogie Rectifier (Treadplate) but with Spark it is too cold, sterile and harsh, more suitable for the metallers.
But for your desired sound, I would start on the amp with little gain. A little extra gain and warmth with the green tubesceamer should also work well.
And then you need infinite sustain. The blue Sustainer can help quite well.
If modulation, then chorus. I don't like chorus.
Probably the echo tape as a delay, otherwise the white delay and also the green reverb.
I would start with that and then experiment a lot.
I wish you success!
Last edited by J.C. on Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
J.C.
Germany

Post by J.C. »

Btw
The great JC
:o :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Guitarman007
United States of America

Post by Guitarman007 »