New Spark Pedal

Bias amps, pedals and software, as well as mobile apps other than the Spark app
Forum rules
Keep it nice, keep it clean. This forum is not run by Positive Grid, so complaints about slow deliveries and the like will be removed as they're useless.
DanL1553
United States of America

New Spark Pedal

Post by DanL1553 »

Anyone have information on the upcoming Spark Pedal announced recently? I saw the press release on the Positive Grid Forum; however, it was missing some critical information: release date, price point, interface communication approach on both the pedal and within the Spark app. Given the recent bundling of the Spark 40 amp and an outside wireless pedal product, the upcoming Christmas Season, I would have expected more information. I was about to buy myself one of the currently available wireless pedals discussed on the GP Forum for Christmas 🎄 That plan is temporarily on hold.
Dan Lawrence
Fullerton, CA 8-)
Richard
Site Admin
Netherlands

Re: New Spark Pedal

Post by Richard »

All I know is that it will have no looping functionality, but I think I read that in the same information e-mail you got your information from.
--
Spark40 #SO4OC1033322
XVive U2 Wireless System
Fender HSS Stratocaster
Heartfield DR-6
Chinese Gothic Explorer copy
DanL1553
United States of America

Re: New Spark Pedal

Post by DanL1553 »

Thanks for the information. Looping within the Spark App is not a biggie for me because I use AnyTune for setting up and playing songs/backing tracks; I can control multiple loops assigned to each song from within AnyTune.

If I understood the press release correctly, the Spark Pedal will continue to allow music to play through the Amp Music Bluetooth Channel, while the pedal will interface through the Spark Amp-App Bluetooth connection. I believe existing competitive pedals “high jack” the App Channel, making it inoperable., To change a Saved Preset, you have to disconnect the pedal, connect the Amp to the Spark App and make your changes, disconnect the App, and finally reconnect the pedal to the Amp. A real hassle according to some Positive Grid Forum members.

It sounds like the Spark Pedal will keep the Amp-App Channel active so swapping Presets through the App Hardware Tab can occur while the Spark Pedal remains connected. All other things being equal, that’s a plus if you’re trying to duplicate the exact guitar tone for each song, and need relatively easy access to more than four Presets. I don’t currently have that problem as I use two Clean Presets for all my practicing needs; however, I believe in keeping my options open.
Dan Lawrence
Fullerton, CA 8-)