Frustrated with My iPad to Spark Bluetooth Connection

Questions about the Spark app (please specify whether on Android or iOS)
Forum rules
Keep it nice, keep it clean. This forum is not run by Positive Grid, so complaints about slow deliveries and the like will be removed as they're useless.
FWS2020
United States of America

Frustrated with My iPad to Spark Bluetooth Connection

Post by FWS2020 »

After 2 1/2 months of no problems with my Spark (still a lot to learn...but part of the fun!), the last couple of nights I have been having trouble getting my iPad to Bluetooth connect to the Spark. I tried all different ways of resetting both the iPad and Spark and after numerous attempts, they would finally connect. Then I would have difficulty changing amps and the peddles in the effects chain. Very frustrating. The Spark itself worked fine, but the iPad was a problem. I also tried the iPod and it had no problems and worked normally. Then, late last night I noticed the iPad was down to about 10% charge, so decided to charge it overnight. This morning it was at 100% and it all connected and worked perfectly. So, just to let everyone know if you start having problems with blue tooth connections..try charging your iPad up and that could solve the problem. Not sure how far down the battery can go before having problems. I usually play for 1 to 2 hr plus sessions and don't remember the last time I had the iPad on charge, although a lot of that time is playing with the Spark connected to the iMac and Garage Band. I will just keep it connected to it's charger.

Yeah, I know I am a dummy! Anyway, back to another fun session. I love the Spark!
1993 Samick Scorpion Plus Super Strat
1993 Samick Strat copy
3 Yamaha Acoustics
2007 Fender Strat VG
2020 Haze Jazzmaster
Fender Champ 30
1993 Crate 80DSP
Spark 40
Digitech RP-355
Vintage:
1952 Telecaster
1963 Fender Strat
1963 Fender ProReverb
FWS2020
United States of America

Re: Frustrated with My iPad to Spark Bluetooth Connection

Post by FWS2020 »

ADMIN: Thanks for moving my post to the proper thread.....I was thrown off by this thread being labeled an (FAQ) as my post wasn't a question.

Now that the Spark 40's are getting in the hands of thousands of users, hopefully this forum will take off. I don't do Facebook where I understand has been the place to go aside from the official PG Spark forum.
1993 Samick Scorpion Plus Super Strat
1993 Samick Strat copy
3 Yamaha Acoustics
2007 Fender Strat VG
2020 Haze Jazzmaster
Fender Champ 30
1993 Crate 80DSP
Spark 40
Digitech RP-355
Vintage:
1952 Telecaster
1963 Fender Strat