Excessive hum

Questions about the Spark amp hardware
Forum rules
Keep it nice, keep it clean. This forum is not run by Positive Grid, so complaints about slow deliveries and the like will be removed as they're useless.
Keeler
United States of America

Re: Excessive hum

Post by Keeler »

Same here. Swapped cables and guitar and didn't change anything.

I bought an identical specd grounded power supply from Parts Express but didn't change anything. I'm skeptical that the Amazon version would fix it now so I'm leaning more towards just returning it and buying another brand.

It really is like being on the bleeding edge of technology by being a Beta tester, which I didnt sign up for.
Bluesguy
United States of America

Re: Excessive hum

Post by Bluesguy »

Richard wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:09 am Quite a few people seem to complain about excessive hum. This is usually caused by the power supply not being grounded,so you could find an alternative one (and badger Positive Grid that they should stop provided that p.o.s. they do :-)).
I have also read that people enable the noise gate to diminish the hum, with all the dials set to minimum.

In case you want to replace the power supply, Amazon has a good one for $18: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Z4 ... UTF8&psc=1
Since PG cannot give me a ship date on the replacement I ordered on of these and it works fine and got rid of the hum. I believe the amp end is a 2.5mm versus a 2.1mm so it's a little loose but works. I have no plans to be plugging and unplugging so took a piece of tape to hold the cord securely to the back.